Monday, September 05, 2011

Something about him

I practically didn’t have a weekend last week, as I had an event to cover on Sunday. I came back home and was lazily flipping through the channels on television and finally sat down to watch Bridget Jones Diary.

One of my friend’s has been suggesting this movie for a long time and I finally got to watch it. Okay, the film’s storyline is simple. It traces the grousing of a 30-plus-year-old woman who doesn’t have a life. No boyfriend, accident prone and to top it all, over-weight. Having seen some of the trademark syndromes in a couple of my 30-plus friends, I sort of understood her plight.

Yes, the movie was entertaining enough and can easily pass off for a Sunday time pass for sure. But what was more enticing to watch in this film was Colin Firth. So much so that I even dreamt about 50-year-old actor last night!

Even though he is a celebrity, it’s kind of weird for a 23-year-old to like a 50-plus man. I always find these hopelessly-in-love-actors who appear in chick flicks hot. But this man is on a rather different league altogether. If I remember, the first film of Colin’s that I watched was Pride and Prejudice where he essayed the role of Fitzwilliam Darcy (I guess that role is alluring enough for me to like him).

There is something about these British actors that is more charming and attractive - a gentleman-like-quality and probably, chivalrous (at least on screen). I was bowled over by his performance in films such as What a Girl Wants (another insensible chick flick), Mamma Mia and Love Actually. There is something about him that makes me go ‘aaaaawwwww’ about him. He looks dapper in a suit, and unbelievably hot in the rugged look. He is just the man and there is definitely something about him...which makes drool!

No comments: