Saturday, August 04, 2012

Drastic moves for the dangerous 25


It’s been nearly six months since I completed the dodgy 24 years. I am not quite sure how much of the 24 things I have achieved (refer last post). From losing weight to getting a tattoo on my back – I’ve tried them all. I didn’t reach the target, but that doesn’t deter me from writing the things that I need to achieve when I turn 25 early next year. 25 seem to be the new mid-life according a certain survey. So practically I have completed (or rather complicated) half my life. Keeping this mind, I wanted to do something drastic when I turn 25. I’ve been racking my brain about it for sometime, because if you need to do something drastic, you need money. And if you need money, you need to save. And my time starts now. 
I’ve been asking my friends and even discussed my enthusiastic plan to my boss as well. Among the first few responses that I received, a few of them suggested a trip with friends. But I wonder if any of my close friends are open to the idea right now. Almost all my close pals are hitched, made babies, committed (sincerely to their boyfriends) and a few of them are close-to-getting engaged. It’s only a few of us who are shockingly single (read: Pri, Sow, Tan and Vid) and feeling really great about it (instruction: agree!:P).  I was wondering if the idea will really work.
Moving over to few other suggestions, I had the most ridiculous ones a couple of them suggested (that really can’t be posted here). But what really ticked me off is the suggestion a close friend and colleague of mine said. “Dude, just get married,” she exasperated. I discussed the idea with my boss and he agreed. “Trust me… that is the most drastic thing you could do to your life!” he said. Well, it is true. I’ve seen several married couples and how their priorities in life go through a sea change. For a couple of close friends and relatives who just got hitched, their entire life revolves around their husband/wife. They look so lost like they were in a labyrinth.
That apart, I am not quite convinced with the idea. That’s so lame. It reminded me of a tweet that I read recently. “Getting married before 25 is like leaving the party before 10 pm!” Ha ha ha! Too funny! Well, I am still looking for ideas and if you have one (mind it: genuine one!), please to inform! I am all geared to step into a new phase in my life and I am looking forward for all that excitement through 'that' drastic change!
Cheers,
She-runs-ya!  

No comments: