Tuesday, July 05, 2011

A year full of weddings

Sometimes, I regret beginning the year by traveling. Everybody warned me with signs that I will be traveling throughout the year. I didn’t take notice of it and started my 2011 New Year by traveling to Madras. Since then, I’ve been visiting my home town and few other places for the sole reason being ‘weddings’!

Of course, the friends weddings that I’ve attended are part of my close circle and one just can’t afford to miss it. Even couple of days ago, I attended my close friend’s wedding at Tirunelveli. It’s nice to see everyone happy and settling down with their Mr Right!

But for me, it almost seem like I don’t have weekends at all. Every other day I keep packing and unpacking stuff which is quite annoying. It is even embarrassing to ask my boss for a day’s off for the reason being wedding. I almost sound like this jobless maami who travel around just to attend weddings!

This has in turn resulted in loss of appetite. Imagine having a banana leaf full of sweets and other delectable dishes every other day! To top it all, you hear a comment from some random aunty or uncle saying, ‘you’ve put on weight’. Arrrggghh! Have I ever pointed out to them how ugly they've become! (No, it's not funny!)

I’ve taken a day off for nearly eight weddings so far! I even seem to hate the smell of the buses and trains so much so that I am even planning to miss my convocation this weekend. I absolutely have no regrets, though everyone around me seems to make big fuss about it. My master’s degree didn’t have any impact in my job nor my salary, whatsoever! So, what’s the point?

Off all my trips to Madras, I hardly even got time to spend time with my family! I just had that one wonderful trip this year (June) to Mussoorie that I would cherish! (Which I will blog about it soon!)

I just hope none of the remaining lot get married this year and hopefully, spend some good times with my family! Anyways, congratulations to all my buddies :-)

3 comments:

premzzz said...

be happy dat u have a super boss who gives u off wenever u ask n stop complainin!!!

s()ms!e said...

:D U can count on me for not gettin married anytime soon! and btw..You should probably start a travel blog n call it "wedlock" ;-) !

Sharanya Rajendran said...

I know sowmi... of the weddings that I've went to...i should probably rate them on the basis of food, environment, best dressed couple...and so on! :D