Wednesday, July 06, 2011

23 things to do

It’s nearly been seven months since I completed 23 years. As you grow older, there is some kind of emancipation you get that allows you to experiment with lot of things. I am probably in that phase right now. There have been several things that I always wanted to do, but somehow couldn’t manage to do it. Keeping in mind the fact that I am getting older day by day, I rather pull up my socks and go on a massive spree to achieve it.
It’s been quite a while since I thought I should pen down the 23 things to do before I turn 24! Surprisingly, it took nearly half a year to even jot down what I want to do the next one year. This is more or less like a test for me to see whether or not I am able to achieve the things I wish for! So, here’s the list... (In random order)
  1. To lose weight. (I am working on it )
  2. To write clean copies. (Not even a ‘comma’ should be edited!)
  3. To learn Hindi.
  4. To interview my favourite celebrity – Rajinikanth.
  5. Meet my first crush and tell him that I still couldn’t find a guy like him.
  6. To get purple streaks.
  7. To get a butterfly tattoo on my back.
  8. To go on a blind date.
  9. To join Jane Austin’s/ Nicholas Sparks Book club.
  10. To travel all by myself and enjoy a trip with strangers (I am done with this).
  11. To learn an instrument, preferably, guitar.
  12. To take my dad for a rock concert.
  13. To invest some good money in a DSLR camera and go on a photo trail.
  14. To learn the art of cooking.
  15. To learn a new language.
  16. To learn the art of managing finances.
  17. To fight my laziness.
  18. Learn to drive a car. (My friend tells me that if you learn to drive a car, will then you become an independent person).
  19. To watch a movie alone in a theatre.
  20. To learn kickboxing.
  21. To stop being a compulsive buyer.
  22. To live a life in my own rules.
  23. To fall in love.
:-)

6 comments:

Varsha said...

Count me in on the 'learn hindi' endeavor :)

premzzz said...

wow!!! i am 23 too n u made me think dat i should write somethin lik dis!!!
n u have written its in a random order .. but looks like the forst point is top priority and last point is an accomplishment:)
n purple streaks.. ROFL!!!

s()ms!e said...

@Prem - Lol! Good one!
@Shara - :D !loved every point! :P Cant wait for the purple streaks! :D !

Sharanya Rajendran said...

@ prem... first point is a top priority indeed! I am not quite sure of the last one though :P

anson kayyanickal said...

awesom 23s:)

AlexCruz said...

Leave the tatoo for next life!

The rest, go for it and work on the priority of the items! Good luck!